Staff Systems Engineer
Staff Systems Engineer - End User Compute WI - Menomonee Falls With a $1 billion dollar investment in cutting-edge technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do. Join our team and see what it's like to work for the most engaging retailer out there. We offer flexible schedules, clear career paths, autonomy, and opportunities to work with the newest technologies.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a part of Kohl's End User Compute (EUC) Engineering team, you will be part of a team that selects and engineers any hardware use by Kohl's associates in our stores, EFC's/DC's and at Corporate and Credit locations. In this role you will plan and execute the design, development, implementation, integration and support of End User Compute technologies into a complex computing environment. Write test plans for new and existing environments and requirements of the enterprise in an efficient, scalable, reliable and cost effective manner. Ensure system security throughout the organization. Analyze system capacity and ensures optimal performance of devices and operating environments.
Leads planning, evaluation, design, development, implementation and support of systems and services that impacts future developments for multiple areas
- Leads all or a majority of project tasks for systems and applications with multiple integration points, cross functional business impact, or new technologies/processes
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of multiple technologies
- Defines and leads systems management to ensure optimal current and future efficiency and functionality
- Plans, designs and implements system architecture/patterns and data security, identifies and resolves efficiency issues
- Leads the development of scripts, templates, interfaces and utility applications to continuously improve functionality
- Develops complex systems, applications and products for project consumption
- Leads development of test plans for new and existing operating environments
- Develops solutions to meet business needs and considers costs and risks of alternatives
- Provides level 3 support for critical escalations
- Develops standards and best practices including management, monitoring, capacity planning, recovery strategies and security
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of / skills in End User Compute technology along with infrastructure/ systems lifecycle methodology, scripting as appropriate for area of expertise
- 8+ years of experience in systems engineering, including 2 to 3 years of project lead experience
Knowledge of Interface standards and interoperability, common testing tools and methods, Architecture and security
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Advanced degree in related field
- Prior hands on experience with Kohl's platforms and technologies
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing large business systems, including End User Compute
- Professional certifications
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top