Sr Data Scientist
Data scientists interpret and apply data in analyses, and explain findings to business audiences typically, to improve products and processes. Projects support business decision making for multiple business functions. Designs, creates, implements, and manages predictive analytics that leverage large and varied datasets, using a wide range of analytical tools, methods, and platforms.
interprets and applies data analytics to translate recommendations into business insights
- Implements activities that generally impact 1 or 2 components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects
- Assigned to initiatives that may involve other business unit(s)
- May lead and recommend business decisions for 1 or 2 business functions
- Develops and may lead in the execution of statistical and mathematical solutions to business problems within business unit
- Frames problem then determines intended approach and quantitative methods to develop solution
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, culling actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as predictive statistical models, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis and data mining
- Designs experiments to answer targeted questions
- Develops materials to explain project findings to Management
- Develops new algorithms and mathematical approaches to understand the company's audiences and solves complex business problems such as optimizing product performance, revenue and adoption
- Researches new ways for modeling and predicting end-user behavior
- 3+ years of progressively complex Data Science or analytics experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Master's degree and/or Ph.D.
- Retail experience
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top