Sr Business Operations Analyst
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
Develops and provides financial information and analysis to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for the Technology department. Skills critical to this job include financial acumen, budgeting, and forecasting. In depth technical understanding or background is not required for this job, however, all the financial analysis that is done is related to technology hardware, technology software, and labor expenses for technology resources. This person will be expected to become a subject matter expert on high-level financial aspects within the Technology department.
This role performs complex financial analysis by collecting, monitoring, and studying data to help make well informed business decisions. This includes preparing financial reports with accurate and reliable information and effectively communicating to various levels of leadership.
This position will also help build new financial tracking and reporting system(s), support existing financial reports, build new financial reports, and perform ad hoc financial analysis.
In partnership with Business Unit Finance, budget owners and program leadership, this position manages the tracking and reporting of costs across the entire technology organization.
- Collects and reports financial metrics
- Analyzes monthly financials, forecast trends, and coordinates corrections in cooperation with Business Unit Finance and budget owners
- Identifies and researches benefit realization and expense variances
- Participates in the budget reconciliation process to provide CTO an accurate and complete budget for the upcoming year(s) in accordance with CTO and corporate timelines
- Identifies opportunities and/or implements process improvements to meet business needs.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or accounting (other business or IT/IS majors will be considered when accompanied by strong, relevant experience)
- 3+ years relevant accounting/analytic experience, preferably in IT
- Experience developing and implementing ITFM cost models
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the creation and use of pivot tables.
- Ability to analyze department level financial information, identify trends, and comfort in sharing analysis with peers and multiple levels of IT management
- Ability to work on moderately complex tasks under limited supervision
- Understanding of IT service management concepts and processes
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills to gather and analyze a variety of information
- Innate problem-solving ability
- Adaptable communication to be able to communicate with different levels of leadership
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top