Sr Big Data Engineer
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Senior Big Data Software Engineering you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge big data technologies such as Hadoop, Tableau, Unica and Informatica. You will be using your critical thinking and problem solving skills, and must be able to work independently as well as be part of a highly collaborative team. This includes engaging with IT leadership, leading teams and being an influencer across the organization.
• Serving as a core member of the big data engineering team focused on Hadoop architecture, Teradata migration, Netezza integration, data management and data quality assurance
• Leads Hbase initiatives and data modeling
• Leverages Spark, Flume, Kafka technologies
• Develops advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using Tableau
• Responsible for identifying and communicating design and scope issues to the stakeholders
• Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Conducts design reviews and oversee QA functions for the information delivery applications, including ensuring that system and integration test plans are developed and executed
• Works with Data Architecture team to help design database entities adhering to best practices
• Works with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
What We're Looking For:
• 5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience.
• Proficient with the following relational databases, Netezza/Teradata.
• Proficient with performance techniques in large scale Data Warehouses and Analytics.
• 5+ years of hands on experience of ETL tools, specifically Informatica and related technologies.
• 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix and Scripting in those environments.
• Experience in Retail Marketing Reporting, Analytics, and OLAP cubes that include tools like Tableau, Microstrategy
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
• Experience with IBM Unica is a plus
• Knowledge on DevOps process is a plus
• Knowledge on BigData technologies is nice to have
• Knowledge on Loyalty, Marketing and Campaign Management in a retail industry is a plus.
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top