Sr Architect - Android (Mobile)
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Sr Architect on the mobile applications team, you will be focused on the architecture, design and governance of Mobile Consumer & Store Apps, Mobile Web, Wallet & Payment Platforms. It's a startup feeling environment that is continually focused on adding speed, agility and scalability to our portfolio of consumer products. As a Sr Architect, you'll create road maps that translate business requirements into technology solutions, specify IT hardware/software plans, and develop implementation roadmaps.
We're also looking for someone who gets as excited as we do about emerging technologies and in the Sr Architect role you'll get to assess technologies and influence next generation initiatives and future systems architecture.
supports and leads the architecture, design and governance of large scale technology solutions that deliver business value across the organization, continuously improving time to market
- Supports and leads initiatives including multiple features and applications involving highly integrated design and architecture
- Demonstrates knowledge of solutions within multiple domains
- Designs and deploys multiple segments of enterprise operating environments
- Accountable for the development of the architecture for current business solutions, accounting for future business needs
- Acts as the technical point of contact for the assigned technology solutions
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years Android development experience
- 3+years of Angular JS/React JS/Bootstrap JS/Node JS
- 3+ years of experience in architecture development
- Experience of full stack development preferred
- Experience with Cloud Migration
- Ability to drive strategy and roadmap across teams
- In-depth knowledge of systems design, architecting and implementing large business systems
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced development environment
- A thought leader who is able to listen, collaborate, share ideas, provide alternative solutions and partner to provide winning solutions.
- Excellent analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate design and influence technology decisions as across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent years of relevant experience)
- Angular JS/React JS/Bootstrap JS/Node JS
- Spring/ SpringBoot
- REST/SOAP API Design & Development
- Web and API Security
- Apache Kafka,Spark,ZooKeeper
- Cassandra,MongoDB,CouchDB,SQL Server
- Cloud Experience- AWS,Google,Azure,SoftLayer etc
- Design Patterns
- Automated Unit and Integration Tests- Junit,TestNG,Mockito,Cucumber,SonarCube,Jacoco,JProfiler
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top