Software Engineer-Backend (Remote)
- Menomonee Falls, WI
We Can Go Fast Forever.
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to software engineering that applies across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace - you'll typically code for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
We Court Perfection.
Working at Kohl's means you get better at what you already do well. We set up regular retrospectives to figure out what we're doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. We consistently practice Test Driven Development, which results in high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. And we believe that methodical, steady, relentless forward momentum drives consistent results.
- Pair program, all day, every day.
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what is being done wrong so it can be fixed, and what is being done right so the team can improve on it.
- Test Driven Development.
- Strong knowledge building development practices like CI/CD, Test Automation and cloud deployments
- Strong knowledge of Java, Python Golang and other programming languages
- Strong knowledge of Spring frameworks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB,Oracle) or Work with SQL and NoSQL DB systems
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and complex problems
- Experience deploying to cloud environments a plus
- Experience in web front-end and client-side development
- Understanding of event-based frameworks (Kafta, Streams, etc.)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Back to top