Software Engineer - Remote Opportunities Available
- Menomonee Falls, WI
We Can Go Fast Forever.
We're building a fast paced team with an emphasis on iterative development and constant collaboration. We believe pair programming makes us stronger, faster, and smarter. We practice and teach an approach to software engineering that applies across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. And we believe that working fast doesn't mean working overtime-- taking time to relax, recharge and refocus keeps our pace sustainable.
We Court Perfection.
Working at Kohls means you get better at what you already do well. We set up regular retrospectives to figure out what we're doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. We consistently practice Test Driven Development, which results in high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. And we believe that methodical, steady, relentless forward momentum drives consistent results.
What we are.
A Full Stack Engineer at Kohl's is technical talent that has a deep level of knowledge in either backend or client-side development and has at least a general and growing knowledge of the other supporting technologies that make up a full application stack. A full stack engineer is able to code, test, deploy, operate, and iteratively improve their applications that achieve the desired business outcomes and are a pleasure to use. A Full Stack Engineer will work with the balanced team members, inclusive of Designers, Product Managers and Engineers, as well as the end user during the planning and development phases of a product.
- Collaboration through frequent pair programming
- Regular retrospectives to figure out what is being done wrong so it can be fixed, and what is being done right so the team can improve on it.
- Test Driven Development.
- Strong knowledge building development practices like CI/CD, Test Automation and cloud deployments
- Strong knowledge of Java, Python Golang and other programing languages
- Strong knowledge of Spring frameworks
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and complex problems
- Experience deploying to cloud environments a plus
- Experience in web front-end and client-side development
- Understanding of event-based frameworks (Kafka, Streams, etc.)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Back to top