What Will You Be Doing?
This is a Java Development role on our Marketing Services Team. In this role you will be hands-on working with various technologies heavily focusing on the backend technology (with the ability to understand frontend) to initially to re-platform Kohl's Rewards system. You will work on all phases of software engineering to deliver the desired functionality and future developments
We work in a highly collaborative and fast paced Agile Scrum environment using the latest technologies. We are working with speed & agility and delivering amazing solutions. We have an incredible start-up culture with the stability and funding of a well-ground company.
creates desired functionality to assigned domain, products or services in application development
- Supports singular features or applications
- Demonstrates knowledge of solutions within assigned domain, product or service
- Develops applications and the underlying framework
- Collaborates to evaluate application designs
- Implements, tests and delivers new features for multiple platforms
- Coordinates with QA team to initiate testing and ensure testing is completed
- May design framework and software standards and make suggestions for systems / software improvements
What We're Looking For:
- 3-7 years of hands-on Java/JEE Software Development experience utilizing the Spring Framework
- Energetic engineer who thrives in a fast-paced, Agile Scrum development environment and is eager to learn new, innovative technologies while being open to change
- Database design experience with ORM.
- Experiencing developing and consuming SOAP and Restful WebServices
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Unit testing frameworks
- Application server: Weblogic, Tomcat
- Preferred: Active MQ, Websphere MQ, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Jenkins, Unix/Windows Shell Scripting,Groovy, Gradle, JDK 8.
- Preferably a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Retail experience is a plus!
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top