Responsible for building applications and systems to support near-term competitive products and services as well as long-term business needs. Key responsibilities include hands-on software development for prototypes and proofs of concept.
- As part of an agile software team, you will design, implement, and maintain customized features in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate in technical discussions about technology, infrastructure and consider the pros/cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability and project delivery performance.
- Support Kohl's technical cultural values and are capable of driving toward solutions independently, seeking feedback when appropriate
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with product owners and developers.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and developing additional skills
- 3-7 years of experience developing enterprise software
- Strong background in Java programming
- Experienced in building distributed systems
- Experience developing RESTful services and APIs
- Good knowledge in data structures, algorithms and large-scale software
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a Scrum team
- Demonstrated knowledge of a bug tracking, issue tracking and project management software.
- Prior experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Apache Camel and/or other components in the ecosystem
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top