Senior Strategy Manager
A critical thought partner working with business leaders in the development of strategies and support of decision-making.
Lead strategy development
- Partner with Senior Executive leaders to develop high-level strategies and go forward plans.
- Identify and assess the pros and cons of possible strategies and articulate a recommendation supported with logical reasoning.
- Continually learn about and probe into the different aspects of our business to make informed projections and guide strategic direction.
- Leverage internal partners in Insights, Analytics, Finance and throughout the business to ensure strategies are well-informed with context on the business, customer and industry.
- Provide consulting expertise for specific strategic initiatives.
Organizational strategy alignment
- Curate content and develop presentations relating to strategic work (independently and/or in partnership with business leader) to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Influence and orchestrate cross-functional teams to enable execution.
- High-level project management
- Identify and support new opportunities in retail space.
- Lead the curation and communication of pre-read content for the Executive Committee including industry reports, customer insights summaries, relevant articles, macro context, competitive performance and other inspiration to inform the Strategy planning session.
- Help to facilitate annual strategic planning with the Executive Committee.
- Provide recommendations for strategy evolution based on knowledge of the retail landscape along with customer insights, industry and competitive context.
Management of associates
- Manages direct reports and cross functional groups to drive strategic objectives.
- Creates an effective work environment by team development, setting clear objectives, driving accountability and meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated strength in strategic thinking
- 5+ years related experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to identify priorities and shift focus between the big picture and minutiae
- Ability to understand implications of key decisions on the business, customer and stakeholders
- Ability to manage big cross functional work through project management.
- Strong analytical and proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and non-linear process
- A clear, direct communication style
- Strong ability to influence
- Composed and flexible in dealing with challenges
- Highly collaborative
- Retail experience
- Master's Degree - MBA or other
- Consulting experience
- Experience in retail or corporate strategy
- Management experience
Back to top