Senior Software Engineer - Java/JEE
What Will You Be Doing?
This is a full stack Senior Java Development role on our Point of Sale (POC/POS) Team. In this role you will be working with various technologies on both the Frontend and Backend to re-platform Kohl’s Store Systems. This position will lead all phases of software engineering design and implementation initiatives to deliver the desired functionality, and future developments for our Omni-Channel Platform.
We work in a highly collaborative and fast paced Agile Scrum environment using the latest technologies. We are working with speed & agility and delivering amazing solutions. We have an incredible start-up culture with the stability and funding of a well-ground company.
creates desired functionality to assigned domain, products or services in application development, that impacts future developments
- Leads initiatives including multiple features and applications involving highly integrated design and architecture
- Demonstrates knowledge of solutions within multiple domain(s) product(s) or service(s)
- Develops and may lead applications development and the underlying framework
- Collaborates and leads application designs
- Lead, Implements, tests, and delivers new features to our omni-channel platform
- Collaborates to evaluate application designs
- Coordinates with QA team to initiate testing and ensure testing is completed
- Explores and evaluates design framework and software and makes suggestions for software / system improvements
- Evaluates and improves application development process
- Oversees work of others to ensure code quality
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong, Hands-on Java/JEE Software Development experience in a Senior or Lead capacity (Minimum of 5 years software coding and development experience)
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, Agile Scrum development environment
- A Collaborative Team Player - Someone who enjoys working cross-functionally and partnering across multiple business teams
- Excellent analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Technology Stack Requirements:
- Experience with Spring Framework, JAXB, JMS, JDNI, JUnit
- Modern responsive and component based web application development
- Database design with ORM
- Application Server: Weblogic, Websphere
- Git and Maven
- Developing and consuming Restful WebServices
- Preferred: Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, Websphere MQ, IBM Sterling, Spring Batch, Jenkins, Unix/Windows Shell Scripting, Selenium, Gradle, JIRA
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Retail experience is a plus!
At Kohl’s, we’re always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top