Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager, Search
As a Senior Product Manager for Kohls.com, you will be the bridge between the business units
and engineering teams. You will help guide our products from concept to launch and then grow
their impact in the market. The Product Manager's responsibilities include defining a product
vision and strategy, working with business to gather requirements, and working with world-class
engineers to execute that strategy using Agile. If you are a smart, driven and self-directed
individual, we'd like to talk from you!
Search technology is a critical part of the user experience and Kohls.com is committed to
becoming a technology leader in this space. The Search PdM will work with the full range of
home grown, open source and commercial technologies to improve on-site search and the
algorithms we use to rank and present products to users. The PdM will also help guide our
search platform services and business tools roadmap. The Search & Services PM should be
technical thinker who can work closely with our chief architect and senior engineering
leadership to help us rapidly innovate. The PdM will understand the drivers of our business -
user intent, product economics, and inventory levels - to help us create the optimal product
• Work with architecture, engineering, data science and business team to develop a
roadmap and vision for Kohls.com Search Programs which include site search, product
ranking, platform services, and tools.
• Translate the search roadmap into a well-organized backlog, with clear concise user
stories. Manage product backlog and user story priorities.
• Develop an obsession for data and metrics that serve as the vital signs for the search
programs. Identify actionable insight from the data.
• Have excellent presentation and communication skills. Manage expectations and
communication with key stakeholders.
• Successful delivery of online experiences that increase conversion rates, order volume,
and customer satisfaction
• Participate in evaluating vendor technologies and solutions.
What We're Looking For:
• BA/BS in a technical field, CS preferred. MBA a plus.
• A minimum of 2+ years of experience managing Search for a consumer technology
• Experience with Solr/Lucene or Elastic Search
• Strong domain knowledge in optimizing search products including experience with
search relevance ranking, query understanding & rewriting, and best-in- class UI and
navigation patterns for search
• Terms like query intent, query expansion, search ranking, recall and precision should be
highly meaningful. We're looking for someone who knows the space and can be a
thought a leader.
• Familiarity with a variety of applied machine learning, information retrieval, data
mining, statistics, NLP or related techniques
• Experience in Retail and eCommerce is desired.
• Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience building user experiences and platform capabilities for web
products. A track record of end-to- end ownership - requirements gathering, scheduling,
execution and timely delivery.
• Experience with web analytics, search-specific metrics, and A/B test design.
• Be a self-motivated, innovative person with analytical, problem solving, organizational,
and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas.
• Ability to understand and internalize business processes in order to define system
configurations to support those processes.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Experience with SEO is a plus
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top