Deliver products our customers love by consistently delivering validated designs that will work with users. Delivering positive outcomes for Kohl's means anInclusive & innovative Community committed to User Centricity and Valuable Outcomes.
1. Support all of Kohl's product initiativeswhile driving positive financial outcomes.
2. Consistently deliver Designs that are validated and will work with users.
3. Build a User Centric Design Practice and Community of inclusiveness, learning and innovation.
4. Live our core values of Integrity, Courage, Empathy, Accountability, Respect and Succeeding Together.
- Demonstrate hands-on leadership on projects while empowering both client and teammates to become leaders themselves
- Drive a User/Human-Centered Design process
- Organize and facilitate User Research initiatives
- Lead and Facilitate Design Sprints and validation of prototypes
- Breaking down complex systems into simpler steps
- Pull insights from large data sets and communicate them effectively
- Produce the right materials to create a shared understanding and help the team move faster
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, and more
- Peer coaching within the Product Design practice across the office
- Participate in Scopings, Inceptions, Kick-Offs and other workshops with other team members eventually assuming the role of inception facilitator
- Foster practice leadership in a variety of ways, including giving Core Practice talks, attending and talking at events in the community, participating in Office Hours sessions, etc.
- 3 to 7 years of experience creating software products
- BA/BS in relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience in User-Centered Design, closely collaborating with agile Software Developers/Product managers and contributing to successful products using Lean Startup and Agile methodologies
- Deep experience in at least one of the following design skills: User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design or Service Design
- Experience in actively enabling others develop design skills and supporting them to improve in their practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of web and/or mobile software development
- Demonstrated ability to help the team respond to customers context, pains and goals leading with user research and customer development techniques, while creating balance with the technical feasibility of concrete features
- Ability to analyze complex environments with technical, business, legal, industry compliance and people aspects, and ability to synthesize a path forward
- Demonstrated team leadership helping the team and stakeholders navigate product vision, high-level business priorities and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to design software in an iterative way while making demonstrable, incremental progress towards goals.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals; the ability to listen, articulate ideas and advocate best practices in both one-on-one and group settings, in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrated ability to help foster a culture of collaboration while providing a sense of direction and meaning to the whole team
- Knowledge of modern front-end systems and open source frameworks
- Experience facilitating workshops
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders in a consulting capacity
- Experience designing complex multi-sided systems or enterprise software
- Active member of the design community and presentation skills demonstrated by giving talks about design