Senior DevOps Engineer
Development Operations recognizes the interdependence of software development and technology operations and helps the organization produce software and technology services more rapidly, with frequent iterations, with as much automation as possible to provide service and support for rapid development and certification. Manages and monitors the different environments, which take part in the SDLC for the new software to be able to make it to production. Cross functional team managing functionalities of Release Engineering, Release Management, Performance Engineering, Configuration Management as well as Site Reliability Engineering. Essential job function of this team is to assist Software Engineering with all the non-development technology functionality that is needed to roll out new solutions.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will lead in the build, deploy and triage of incidents for omni-channel fulfillment. Our teams are working with the latest technologies, and employ a continuous development model.
- Supports software engineering and the implementation of new solutions delivering high-quality software and ensuring stable and scalable environments
- Monitor the different environments, which take part in the SDLC
- Manage functionalities of Release Engineering, Release Management, Performance Engineering, Configuration Management as well as Site Reliability Engineering.
- Develop scripts to automate development operations functions
- Develops systems automation and provisioning frameworks for multiple applications and environment
- Participates and may lead management of code, configuration management and multiple release branches using CI/CD tools
Work with product owners and customers to understand market needs & vision, and quickly translate that vision into demonstrable software
- Deliver large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Develops techniques for effective comparative testing and benchmarking
- Analyzes and identifies performance bottlenecks and make recommendations
Evaluate and improve application development process
- Operate in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- Help shape and execute the technical roadmap and strategy for the next generation of AppDev features surrounding Kubernetes, OpenShift, and related cloud technologies
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Proficiency with a typical DevOps stack such as GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Google Cloud Platform, Protegrity, Splunk, ELK, and Ansible
- Proficiency with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience in mobile, web and cloud-based platform is desired
- Forward thinking, execution-orientated, and a team player
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top