Senior Customer Experience Designer
The Senior Customer Experience Designer will leverage the voice of the Kohl's customer to craft on-brand experiences that meet customer expectations and measurable business goals throughout the digital shopping journey across all channels. The Sr. CX Designer will produce human-centered design (HCD) deliverables such as process flows, journey maps, service blue prints, wireframes, user interactions, visual mockups, and prototypes. These assets will facilitate business and consumer alignment throughout the product development lifecycle, and support the planning and execution of customer experiences across Kohl's organizational disciplines.
- Collaborate within a dynamic multidisciplinary team to define experience design systems, strategies, brainstorm innovative ideas and draw inspiration from business objectives and the Customer.
- Conceptualizes user experiences using sketching, storyboarding, information modeling and other methods.
- Define concepts, journey maps, service blueprints, workflows, wireframes and high fidelity prototypes for each of Kohl's digital properties for all relative platforms, form factors and contexts including at home, in-store and on-the-go.
- Builds and maintains constructive partnerships throughout the Online Business Unit and other Business Units.
- Own the end-to-end deliverable and documentation set including information architecture, annotated wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Effectively articulates the key design principles of the design solution to the immediate team, upper management, and Sr/Exec audiences across functional areas.
- Assist in development, governance and evolution of design principles and standards.
- Design amazing experiences while acting as lead CX on agile team, effectively managing trade-offs between businesses needs and Customer benefit.
- Generates time estimates for the completion of Customer Experience tasks and deliverables.
- Represent CX as a lead on agile team.
- Mentors Customer Experience Designers.
- Soft skills: partnership, relationship mgmt., x-functional alignment, diplomacy, consensus building, influencer, educator, mentor, advocate, evangelize
UX Research Support
- Assist design research team in activities throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with CX research team to plan and execute research actives that drive Kohl's Human-Centered Design process example: usability testing, cognitive design walkthrough, heuristic evaluation.
- Leverages research (varies by needs of intent) to inform or refine designs. This includes determining research goals, creating a test plan and facilitator's script, recruiting users, executing the study protocol (e.g. lab test, remote test, survey), and analyzing the results.
UX Process and Methodologies
- Provide insight in the area of user experience and usability.
- Develop and maintain Kohl's customer experience DNA to ensure consistency and consumer familiarity throughout the digital ecosystem.
- Assist in creation, governance, and maintenance of interaction, usability, and accessibility standards and pattern library components.
- Contribute to Kohl's overall CX practice maturity. This includes creating and refining processes, methods and developing tools and templates that can be applied company-wide.
- 5 + years of experience as a customer experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing customer experience across all devices.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in HCI/UCD, Psychology, Human Factors or similar field with Visual Design and Interaction Design aptitude.
- Ability to deliver high quality work consistently and on time.
- Attention to detail, while also considering the big picture.
- Excellent communication skills - in person, written and presentation.
- Self-motivated with positive attitude.
- Comprehensive understanding of user-centered design concepts and user research techniques.
- Mastery of design, prototyping, and development tools such as Axure, Invision, OmniGraffle, and Adobe CS
- Must be able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems.
- Demonstrated mobile expertise in at least one of the following domains; product design, commerce, branding, or retail.
- 1+ years of experience in retail merchandising/marketing, advertising, product development, e-commerce or related field.
- Familiarity in the capabilities of HTML, DHTML, CSS, Flash and AJAX-based applications
- Experience designing for wearable technology, connected devices/ IOT
Back to top