Search Marketing Technical Analyst - Search Engine Optimization
The Marketing Technical Analyst is responsible for the analysis, improvement and execution of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) technical projects. This role works in a dynamic environment that requires continual learning, fine-tuning of skills and experimentation to keep pace with shifts in the industry. This role works collaboratively with internal, agency and vendor partners to achieve goals.
SEO Technical Development
- Analyze and recommend technical projects and site improvements to adhere to SEO best practices and meet strategic priorities
- Identify technical opportunities and troubleshoot: robots.txt file errors, website linking architecture, pagination errors, canonical tags, mobile friendliness, redirects, page speed, etc.
- Oversee all technical projects to ensure SEO best practices are followed.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and execution of SEO strategies and roadmaps for short-term and long-term technical projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current challenges facing the SEO industry and recent search engine algorithm changes
- Serve as subject-matter expert in SEO; continuously learn and keep abreast of the latest best-practices and trends in the organic search engine landscape.
- Responsible for optimizing site link architecture aiding in new page discovery, passing value for SEO and conversion funnel migration
- Includes technical oversight of URL structures, pagination, canonical tag implementation, Schema.org markup, XML sitemap, meta data, crawl errors, robots.txt, redirect strategies, search console management, status code audit (4xx, 5xx, 302 and redirect chains), regular site audits and code validation
- Identify new opportunities for back-end content optimization (page source code)
- Link management following all best practices for the sites link architecture as well as links for amplification in paid media.
- Managing user experience for search bots, SERP listings, search engine bounce rate, search engine pages viewed, landing page design, search bot crawl management, Mobile page load time, above the fold content, competitive gap analysis, share of voice management
- Perform audits of upcoming product launches to ensure SEO compliance - Perform quarterly technical SEO audits to ensure that we're not regressing
- Leverage log file analyzers to identify opportunities for crawl optimizations and other technical issues that may negatively impact performance
- 2-3 years SEO experience working either in-house or at an agency; past experience in consumer retail is a plus
- BA/BS degree in marketing, technology or analytics related field is ideal
- Experience with SEO-related technology platforms (BrightEdge, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Splunk, GSC, and BWMT. etc.)
- A working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and schema markup. Experience with AMP is a plus
- General understanding of HTML/CSS/JS, with an emphasis on how they impact SEO performance.
- A solid understanding of onsite SEO, and how changes to crucial elements (content, links, metadata, etc) may holistically impact organic performance
- Working knowledge of website analysis tools such as Adobe Omniture and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage project schedules and resources, work on multiple projects with changing priorities while maintaining a sense of urgency about deadlines
- Ability to provide detailed analysis and share findings succinctly and concisely
Back to top