Regional Maintenance Technician
Performs maintenance and handyman services in our Kohl's stores ensuring Company Brand Standards are maintained. Performs all work in a quality manner following all safety rules and regulations. Responsible for meeting budgets and communicating effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of work orders as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures all necessary material and tools to perform daily work are available and kept in good condition.
- Performs Interior Store Repair and Maintenance as assigned by Regional Facilities Manager with a focus on Door (interior and exterior) and Plumbing (faucet, toilet, hot water heater, etc.) repairs.
- Performs Interior Lighting and Electrical repairs including but not limited to lamp/ballast replacement, minor outlet repairs, once per year 90 minute emergency light testing and repairs, etc.
- Proficient in other Interior Repair and Maintenance items including but not limited to flooring, carpet, tile, patch and paint, carpentry, laminate, wallpaper, fixture, and stroller/ cart, and cleaning equipment repairs.
- Performs exterior maintenance of building including but not limited to low elevation (can be reached with a 12ft ladder), building painting, curb/ramp painting, power-washing, and minor Common Area Maintenance repairs of landscaping, signage, and concrete/asphalt.
Identify Maintenance Issues
- Assists stores with Housekeeping problem solving with suggested solutions for Store Associate teams and Contract Cleaning providers to increase CLEAN presence in stores.
- Communicates safety and cleanliness issues and action plans to resolve with Store Management and Regional Facilities Manager.
- Identifies Interior and Exterior maintenance issues that need resolution by exterior vendors and enters those issues into Web Based Facilities Management program for assignment and completion.
- Communicates recaps regularly to Regional Facilities Manager and/or Store and District Managers of stores visited, wins/opportunities found, as well as issues resolved on store visits. Communication may be verbal or email.
- Ability to work independently without direct face to face
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels in Store organization verbally and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, navigation of websites and able to utilize new computer systems, including smartphones
- 2-4 years of prior maintenance work with a strong focus in Door, Plumbing, Electrical / Lighting, and Handyman Services
- Prior retail or office building maintenance experience
- Familiar with General Maintenance tools and tasks
- Ability to repair a variety of other interior/exterior issues as assigned by Supervisor including equipment and CAM items
- Moderate lifting - 25 to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time with some overnight stays based on store schedule/location
- Ability to climb/work on ladders up to 12ft in height in order to address lighting, painting, etc issues
- Valid driver's license with a currently registered vehicle
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top