POSITION OBJECTIVE This position will identify and analyze business problems at the program or system level, design, code and test solutions for projects. The position will provide support for production applications for varied system/business unit needs and will work on a broad range of concurrent projects independently or with the project team. Additional responsibilities may include system design and construction, along with growing proficiency with various development tools and environments on multiple platforms.
application analysis and testing
- Interact with team members, Information Services staff, and outside vendors to ensure the smooth development and installation of assigned projects and purchased software.
- Code and unit test structured program changes to new or existing programs from specifications using multiple programming languages/platforms. Programs are increasingly more critical and complex.
- Develop clear understanding of system requirements and translate functional and technical specifications into quality code, with minimal defects.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely fashion to successfully install the project into the appropriate production environments.
- Create clear and concise program and job documentation and report progress and status.
- Create and execute unit test plans, participate in system, integration and acceptance testing, reviewing results with QA and project managers.
- Provide timely and accurate Level 2 and Level 3 on-call support for production applications.
- Identify problems at the program or system level, recommend changes, and identify the impact of proposed changes.
- Identify production issues and assist with resolution.
- Develop detailed program specifications from system design specifications or business requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Displays initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science (or related field).
- Candidate has 1-5 years of demonstrated programming experience in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing unit test scripts.
- Experience with multiple databases, development environments and platforms.
- Familiarity with IS professional systems development standards.
- Object oriented programming experience.
loss prevention programmer analyst
- Create and manage systems for investigating fraud and reducing shrink.
- Collaborate with IT on new software packages and department work requests to address the technological needs of the LP department.
- LPMS - Working with vendor on case management/audit application for future enhancements aligned with the growth of the company and needs of the business to include enhancements, testing of upgrades and management of data feeds
- EBR - Work with IT to get data and build a platform for distribution of exception data to field LP or internal use
- LPWeb - Documentation of website design and structure, correcting known issues and testing new components.
- DC LP Systems - Conversion of DC LP Systems to a stable environment and ongoing development of LP Logistic system needs.
Back to top