Product Manager - Innovation
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
Serve as a product owner on our Innovation team partnering with engineering and the business to build the Technology product roadmap based on the company vision. Define and drive product requirements and minimal viable product. Responsible for planning and execution of assigned product portfolio throughout product lifecycle. Define and develop new and enhanced system products and features. Collaborate with cross-organizational efforts to manage the product backlog. Deliver product features and improve capabilities to enhance customer experience. Have ownership around a product.
build technology product roadmaps based on the company vision and execute product development
- Execute all or a majority of the tasks comprising of multiple products
- Conduct roadmap development
- Gather input and determines requirements approach for key customer features
- Participate in tactical decision making regarding product functionality
- Define user stories and acceptance criteria for assigned domains working in an agile environment
- Monitor and coordinate product development among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that products are per specification
- May proactively identify new opportunities and develop business cases within IT product portfolio
- Deep passion for technology and innovation
- Awareness/experience with the latest technologies including but not limited to: machine learning, robotics, augmented and virtual reality
- Self-driven individual with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Ability to articulate business needs to stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the value for demos
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top