Network Technology Manager
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Network Security Technology Manager, you will oversee the provision of projects and support resources for all Network Security (Firewalls, Remote Access, Proxies, and ISE), DNS/DHCP and Load balancing (F5). As a Networking conduit to the security team, you will assess client needs, develop and enhance knowledge of internal resources and network of external vendors to optimize services. At a high level, this role ensures the ongoing professional and technical development of resources provided and is accountable for monitoring and improving the quality of services provided and deliver strategic and tactical systems initiatives.
Most importantly, this role will provide leadership to a team of associates and manage long-term external vendor partnerships.
Coaches, leads and develops a team of technical professionals, ensuring skillsets match project needs. ensures resources are assigned correctly to support project scope, timeline and deliverables
- Manage individual contributors who support technology projects
- Supports or has shared accountability for achieving the revenue, profit and operational goals of the business unit and service(s) managed
- Manages the assessment of project demand and ensures best fit for staffing allocation
- Assigns team roles and responsibilities
- Advocates IT standards and practices and ensure team adherence
- Commits time, focus and energy on the development, coaching and performance feedback for each Associate
- Funnels organizational communication and direction to the team
- Advocates for team by moving decisions forward and eliminating barriers
- Responsible for the delivery of excellence in quality and service levels
- Has 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Demonstrated experience supporting business system implementations
- Ability to drive both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Experience working with offshore models
- Solid understanding of Network disciplines including:
- Network Security
- Load balancing (F5)
- Firewall/VPN (Cisco)
- Remote Access
- Internet Proxies (Cisco WSA and cloud CWS)
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Wireless (Mixture/Cisco)
- DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)
- Network monitoring including Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, ExtraHop, Network Instruments
- Has prior management experience and demonstrated leadership skills
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A Collaborator- Someone who enjoys working cross-functionally and partnering across multiple business teams
- A Thought Leader - Someone who is able to listen, collaborate, share ideas, provide alternative solutions and partner to provide winning solutions.
- Excellent analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Strong Communication Skills and Ability to articulate design decisions
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top