Mgr, Software Engineering-Platform Services (Mobile)
About Kohl's - What's Our Inspiration?
Many people think of Kohl's as just a brick and mortar retail chain. The truth is, we have developed an omni-channel approach to reaching our customers through our stores, online and mobile experiences. Our main source of inspiration has always been our customers, our associates and our drive to be the most engaging retailer in America.
Why Kohl's Information Technology?
At Kohl's, our mission is, "To inspire and empower families to lead more fulfilled lives." That statement is also true of the culture and our 1,000+ person technology team. We want to be the most engaging retailer out there while offering you opportunities to: have a flexible work schedule, work with some of the newest technologies, have clear career paths and have the ability to make an impact in the work that you do every day (not to mention great employee discounts). With a $1 billion dollar investment in technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Manager of Software Engineering you will be leading a newly created team focusing on the overall connected experience for consumers (combining digital technology with store technology). This team will be working on highly visible initiatives for the company, such as smaller format stores that utilize an increased amount of technology & automation. This person will be responsible for the management of software engineering team(s) responsible for creating desired functionality to assigned content, products or services in ecommerce. Manages the development, testing and implementation of software that provides robust technical infrastructure and/or software applications used by business units.
manages resources and workflows to create desired functionality for assigned domains, products or services
- Accountable for the management 3+ Software Engineers
- Manages the execution of the operating plans of the team managed
- Supports or has shared accountability for achieving the operational goals of the team managed
- Sets project schedules, designing project parameters and monitoring tasks
- Define and develop tasks among team members within an agile environment
- Translates technical roadmap into actionable plan items
- Reviews and adjusts work content and flow
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and standards
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts
- Develops and implements process improvements
- Conducts technical presentations for Management
- Commits time, focus and energy on the development, coaching and performance feedback for each Associate
- Funnels organizational communication and direction to the team
- Advocates for team by moving decisions forward and eliminating barriers
- Identifies and selects the right talent to support the Greatness Agenda
- Responsible for the delivery of excellence in quality and service levels
- 5+ years of experience in software development / systems engineering / design
- 3+ years of progressive management experience
- Experience with agile development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Retail experience
- Prior experience in working in the following technologies:
- Angular JS/React JS/Bootstrap JS/Node JS
- Spring/ SpringBoot
- REST/SOAP API Design & Development
- Web and API Security
- Apache Kafka,Spark,ZooKeeper
- Cassandra,MongoDB,CouchDB,SQL Server
- Cloud Experience- AWS,Google,Azure,SoftLayer etc
- Design Patterns
- Automated Unit and Integration Tests- Junit,TestNG,Mockito,Cucumber,SonarCube,Jacoco,JProfiler
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top