Lead, Development Operations Engineer
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for enhancements and new products.
- Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including enterprise, distributed computing, and cloud computing systems.
- Bridges the gap by recognizing the interdependence of software development and Technology operation.
- Helps the organization produce software and Technology services more rapidly, with frequent iterations, with as much automation as possible to provide service and support for rapid development and certification.
- Lead development of efficient and scalable software and services.
- Set project schedules, design project parameters and monitoring tasks.
- Ensure that team members deliver project tasks on schedule and as designed.
- Participate in defining and developing tasks among team members within an Agile environment and recommend and implement process improvements.
- Commit time, focus and energy on the development, coach and performance feedback for each Associate, and advocate for the team by moving decisions forward and eliminating barriers.
- Provide day-to-day guidance, direction and workload prioritization to the team.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5 years progressive experience as a Principal Software Engineer, Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineer, or related occupation.
Must have at least 1 year of prior work experience in the following:
- System monitoring and problem troubleshooting
- Agile methodology
- Build, testing, and continuous integration tools
- Proficiency in Java, JUnit, TestNG, SoaTest, Soap UI, Selenium, and related languages and tools
- Java performance: garbage collection, heap dump analysis, tuning and Java profiling
- Performance Engineering, including Application Testing, Automated Test Tools, and Performance Measurement and Tuning
- Statistical analysis and experimental design techniques
- Cross-browser and cross-device test implementation
- Web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, HTTP, TSL, CSS, Web Services)
- Data analytics, mining, and aggregation using Splunk, Sumologic, Loggly, or related tools
- Load generation tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, Grinder, or related
- Occasional Telecommuting Permitted
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top