Information Security: Sr Systems Engineer
With a $1 billion dollar investment in cutting-edge technology over the next 3 years, innovation is at the heart of everything that we do. Join our team and see what it's like to work for the most engaging retailer! We offer flexible schedules (including work from home opportunities), clear career paths, autonomy, and opportunities to work with the newest technologies including Cloud Security Tools.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Senior Security Tools Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, build, maintain, automate, and integrate the tools in our robust security portfolio. This is a hands-on, dynamic, security engineering role where you'll have the chance to dig deep into our security tools and take the lead on bringing enhancements, new releases, and process efficiencies to the team for maximum delivery of security capabilities. This role brings a true engineering mindset to the team by building in automation and processes optimization where possible.
may lead planning, design, development, implementation, and support of systems and services that impact future developments
- May Lead and execute all or a majority project tasks for systems and applications with multiple integration points, cross-functional business impact, or new technologies/ processes
- Demonstrates knowledge of solutions within multiple technologies
- May lead and execute systems management to ensure optimal current and future efficiency and functionality
- Plans upgrades, migrations, optimizations, new implementations and identifies and resolves efficiency issues
- Writes and reviews scripts, templates, interfaces and utility applications to continuously improve functionality
- Review tool capabilities and determine optimization plan to leverage investment.
- May lead and execute design and deploy activities for operating environments
- Develops, tests, troubleshoots and documents new and enhanced systems
- Writes and reviews test plans for new and existing operating environments
- Provides level 3 support for area of expertise
- Troubleshoots and resolves requests related to product features (widgets, license key, report builds, etc).
- May recommend standards and best practices including automation, process efficiencies and enhanced security for supported areas
- Build, manage, support and improve tools for continuous integration, automated performance and stress testing & release management
- Supports and may lead engineering and operations teams to meet infrastructure needs including multiple applications and environments
- 5+ years of experience in security engineering/administration including competencies in:
- Threat Detection Tools
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Static Code Analysis
- User Authentication Tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with a variety of technical teams and positions
Meet Some of Kohl’s's Employees
Senior Data Scientist
Ragnar collects and analyzes industry data in order to build tools and applications that make better shopping experiences for Kohl’s online and in-store customer base.
Back to top