Travel Logistics Accountant
- Clearwater, FL
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Travel Logistics Accountant will be responsible for the end to end booking of travel, within policy, including the final recording of the transactions into Netsuite. Any intercompany transactions will have the appropriate intercompany invoices created. The individual in this role will make decisions on exceptions to the travel policy, based on budget and severity as to whether exceptions are allowable. The ideal candidate will be charged with ensuring the level of travel is based on envisage hierarchy and the per diems for each city traveled to, are all within policy. The Travel Logistics Accountant will book all entries into Netsuite for expense classification and send appropriate supporting documentation to the international shared service center, as well as ensure the travel related policies and procedures are always up to date. As new systems related to travel are approved, this position would be the point person for implementation.
Ensuring all travel booked follows Company policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that airfare and per diem tiers are adhered to and within budget.
- Oversee the implementation and updating of the travel system, including accurate reporting of employees, their supervisors and the tiers of travel that are proper
- Manage Corporate rewards and entitlements (i.e. hotel or car rental rewards)
- Ensuring funds for out of policy violations are settled
- Reporting on spend by department and creating reports for management on spend recommending ways to reduce spend
- Manage any travel programs implemented (Concur, Expensify)
- Determine proper accounting for all travel (prepaids versus expensed) and accurately booking to the right entity in Netsuite, including invoicing international subsidiaries
- Deciding on out of policy exceptions and working with budget owners on staying within budget
- Process overflow vendor management for Procurement
- Review contracts with vendors for unusual accounting and determining proper accounting treatment. Code for the AP department, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience in accounting and determining proper coding by account, department and multi-subsidiaries and previous professional travel booking experience or experience with Concur or similar software is a plus.
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office products, as well as Google Suite.
- Excellent typing skills
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage many tasks at the same time
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to excel under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to effectively coordinate and engage with many different personalities and cultures
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top