Technical Writing Intern
- Clearwater, FL
Dates of Program: May 25 - August 13, 2021 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns.
The Technical Writing Intern is responsible for helping in the creation, editing, proofreading, localization, and quality assurance of documentation, training and guidance resources on our knowledge base and other types of content.
- Create new articles and update existing articles on our Knowledge Base
- Create scripts and record audio for tutorial videos
- Work with internal teams to collect information for accurate and concise documentation of product lines
- Prepare 10 new Security Hints and Tips for our KMSAT product
- Prepare documentation that is clear and logical
- He or she will be required to conduct interviews with subject matter experts and research in order to create content
- Follow the standard workflow of a product release from start to finish to create brand new documentation, update existing documentation, and create videos to document this release
- Assist in the planning, design, research, writing, and editing of a range of documents, including user guides, manuals, technical specifications, and user policies
- Learning about the technical writing process
- Being able to produce content in a specific style and update existing articles to match style standard
- Learn basic HTML/CSS for the purpose of article creation
- Build a portfolio of content that you created under a nationally recognized brand for thousands of users.
- Further develop your editing, proofreading, and writing skills
- Training on HTML5, CSS, and the technical writing process
- Creating and editing articles to facilitate client understanding of technical concepts and use of our products
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great proofreading and grammar skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong proofreading skills
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS are preferred but not required
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher at a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communication or a related field.
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top