Technical Support Intern
- Clearwater, FL
****This internship will be fully remote due to current COVID restrictions.*****
Dates of Program: May 25 - August 13, 2021 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns.
The Tech Support Intern position is an opportunity to experience first hand how the Support team operates from a Tier 1 perspective. The Interns’ Support tasks will be identical to Tier 1 with adjustments to the volume of tickets worked. This includes coordinating with CSM and Sales in assisting customers/users get up and running via the training console. Tier 1 Tech Support reps are also first line in resolving help-desk tickets. Additionally, various individual and team projects will be assigned to assess the intern’s grasp of Support processes and procedures.
Tech Support at KnowBe4 is a fast-paced environment that will provide interns with a hands-on learning experience in stellar customer service all while maintaining a fun environment.
- Monitor and maintain issue reports and change requests through help-desk systems
- Investigate and document issue reports and communicate findings to development team or clients as required
- Communicate directly with clients or end-users to gather details as needed to fully define issues or new requirements
- Demonstrate the training platform to our customers and discuss use and best practices to fully deploy the training to employees
- Understand the need for end-users to be aware of potential threats to security via social engineering.
- Deepen the current level of knowledge related to various security concepts.
- Establish a sense of accountability and responsibility working in a team environment.
- Broaden awareness of various methods and avenues of attack by cybercriminals and how they can be prevented.
- Ability to obtain experience in replicating real world technical issues in a virtual environment.
- Develop an understanding of defense in depth and other security concepts with hands on experience.
- One month of technical support training at the beginning of the internship. Tier 1 technical support training will focus on overall use of the training platform, creating phishing/training campaigns and understanding how to implement a security awareness program in any business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Basic understanding of computers, email, the related uses, and terminology
- Interest in some area of technology such as cybersecurity, networking and troubleshooting
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher at a college or university pursuing a degree that is technology related, i.e. IS, IT, CS, Cybersecurity
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top