Technical Support Intern
Dates of Program: May 19 - August 7, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions.
We are ranked #1 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last four years. We also just had our 26th record-setting quarter in a row!
The Technical Support Interns will be responsible for performing tasks/projects that will assist Tier 1 Support Managers. This includes scheduling meetings for team training, ensuring reports are updated to reflect current stats and performing tests to reproduce a reported issue to confirm the result is consistent in similar environments. Responding to customer inquiries regarding logon issues and password resets. Support is a fast paced environment that encourages learning and keeping customers highly satisfied all while maintaining a fun environment.
- Review team performance statistics, and compile the data for each team
- Answer customer inquiries and support customers with less complex support requests, i.e. general questions, password reset issues.
- Identify, reproduce, diagnose and resolve customer issues with regard to the product
- Document customer interactions within our ticketing system
- Maintain professional telephone and email etiquette
- Provide timely customer service to include seeking assistance when necessary
- Perform administrative tasks and projects as requested by the Tier 1 Support Managers
- Understand the need for end-users to be aware of potential threats to security via social engineering.
- Deepen the current level of knowledge related to various security concepts.
- Establish a sense of accountability and responsibility working in a team environment.
- Broaden awareness of various methods and avenues of attack by cybercriminals and how they can be prevented.
- Ability to obtain experience in replicating real world technical issues in a virtual environment.
- Develop an understanding of defense in depth and other security concepts with hands on experience.
- One month of technical support training at the beginning of the internship plus ongoing training
- Tier 1 technical support training will focus on overall use of the training platform, creating phishing/training campaigns and understanding how to implement a security awareness program in any business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Basic understanding of computers, email, the related uses, and terminology
- Interest in some area of technology such as cybersecurity, networking and troubleshooting
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher at a college or university pursuing a degree that is technology related, i.e. IS, IT, CS, Cybersecurity
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top