Statutory Reporting Manager (Position located in Utrecht, Netherlands)
- Utrecht, Netherlands
Please submit resume in English.
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Statutory Reporting Manager is responsible for local financial statements (statutory) reporting. The main emphasis for this position will be on time and accurate reporting of monthly and annual financial statements and account reconciliations under local GAAP across all countries outside the US where KnowBe4 has operations. The ideal candidate will interface with our international auditors and accountants to prepare annual financial statements, coordinate audits, and complete the financial statements and other filings. The individual in this role should have the drive to resolve any issues that arise in connection with the local statutory audits.
- Financial statements: Accountable for the timely preparation of local GAAP financial statements in coordination with local accounting firms, for all international subsidiaries of KnowBe4
- Audits: In countries such as the UK and Singapore where local audit is essential, you will be accountable for coordination with local auditors and successful completion of local statutory audits
- Filings: Ensure financial statements are filed before the prescribed deadline in each country. This includes playing a leadership role in preparing financial statements, audit coordination, and ultimately ensuring financial statements sign-off and filing by the statutory deadlines
- Month-End Closing: Own assigned month-end close processes, prepare account reconciliations, record journal entries and maintain accurate supporting documentation under local GAAP books
- Reporting: Analyze period over period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis
- Business Partnering: You will collaborate with other Finance functions to develop financial metrics and to improve processes. Develop a thorough understanding and involvement with finance and business personnel in order to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality. Review the work of fellow staff accountants. Provide support to Accounts Payable and Receivable teams
- Projects: Devise proposals to improve accounting processes in order to shorten time to close, improve controls and ensure scalability as the business grows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience at a multinational public company or major accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of accounting reporting principles; US GAAP knowledge or experience is a plus
- Internal Controls experience
- Experience of leading audit processes is crucial
- Good communication skills are key
- Good knowledge / awareness of multi country GAAPs is preferred. Currently we have subsidiaries in the Netherlands, UK, Germany, UAE, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Norway, Australia, South Africa
- CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent accounting qualification
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top