Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails/VueJs (Position located in South Africa)
KnowBe4 is one of the world’s fastest growing companies in the information security sector. Based in Florida, USA, KnowBe4 has been on a successful course for eight years.
Over 29,000 organizations have decided to use the KnowBe4 security awareness & simulated phishing platform and are now mobilizing their end users to create a last line of defense in guarding against cyber risks.
KnowBe4 not only has the world’s largest library for security awareness training courses, but also offers the tools, services and analytics required for the successful implementation of an effective human firewall.
Popcorn Training - A KnowBe4 company – has been a 100% subsidiary in the company’s worldwide organization since April 2018. Located in South Africa, it serves as an asset in keeping our training content fresh and up to date with trends.
Our cybersecurity products are unique and offer excellent career opportunities for professionals who want to be at the cutting edge – both now and in the future.
- Design and develop Ruby on Rails web applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop Ruby back end solutions
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements
- Strong understanding of Ruby on Rails
- Experience building commercial web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing in Ruby or similar languages
- Able to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML and related technologies to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with common SQL data layers such as MySQL
- Built applications with current and forward-facing web standards like CSS3 and HTML5
- Used automated unit testing tools
- Used Behavior-driven development (BDD) tools like Cucumber or RSpec
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top