Software Engineer (PHP)
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #1 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last four years. We also just had our 26th record-setting quarter in a row!
The Software Engineer (PHP) is responsible for developing new and exciting products for KnowBe4’s customers, alongside other engineers in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Design and develop PHP web applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop PHP back end solutions
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers, UX staff and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements
- Leverage cloud technologies within Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2 and more)
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or comparable work experience) required
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of PHP MVC Frameworks such as Yii Framework or Laravel
- Experience designing responsive web applications with Bootstrap and AJAX
- Experience with common SQL data layers such as PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Experience with Linux command line basics
- Experience building commercial web applications using PHP
- Built applications with current and forward facing web standards like CSS3 and HTML5
- Experience with Git versioning systems
- Communication skills, verbal & written
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top