Software Development Manager
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world's largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4's platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #1 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Best Workplaces Survey for the last three years. We also just had our 22nd record-setting quarter in a row!
We're looking to hire a technical leader that can work with the product engineering team to deliver products that delight our thousands of customers. We're continuing to build out these existing products, while also developing brand new product lines. You will get the opportunity to lead the charge on continuously innovating and driving engineering growth.
Your role is to inspire and mentor technical leads and software engineers. It's important for you to be able to provide technical guidance and for you to be up to date on modern technical advances.
If you are looking for a place where you'll tackle big problems alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people you've ever worked with, KnowBe4 might just be the place for you.
What We're Looking For:
- A proven track record demonstrating your ability to lead successful engineering teams and build outstanding product
- While you won't necessarily be coding full time, you should be a skilled coder - we're looking for someone who enjoys helping teams solve technical challenges
- A passion for building great product
- Fantastic communication and influencing/collaboration skills
- Someone excited about building teams
- Lead a high-performing development team of 5 to 6 software engineers to design, implement, and help operate key portions of the KnowBe4 platform
- Make critical decisions regarding technology selection, balance feature and operational priorities, and set high standards for quality and on-time delivery
- Collaborate effectively with peer teams across KnowBe4 to bring the product to market, followed by delivering additional features at a rapid pace
- Make sure the software development process is followed and make sure the security and quality of the code is at the highest standards
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby On Rails, PHP
- Proven track record of shipping large, complex, scalable applications
- Proven track record in leading highly performing and talented team of engineers
- Experience building solutions using AWS technologies
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top