Site Reliability Engineering Intern
Dates of Program: May 19 - August 7, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions.
We are ranked #1 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last four years. We also just had our 26th record-setting quarter in a row!
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for an SRE Intern to join our team for an immersive experience which will enable you to work on our production systems that serve thousands of KnowBe4’s customers worldwide. In addition, you will be afforded the opportunity to learn how to design, develop, and build modern scalable systems.
We are a close-knit team of like-minded engineers that are always looking to improve ourselves and one another. Our team prides itself on managing our infrastructure with code, never repeating ourselves, and automating everything! We need someone with a creative desire and passion for problem solving. You should have an eagerness to learn and a willingness to work with technologies you are not yet familiar with. You should be someone that is always looking for ways to better organize, automate, or improve programs or processes. Our most successful engineers are able to predict and prevent many problems before they occur.
- Learn, maintain, and improve our existing deployment, monitoring and alerting systems, heavily leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Work alongside other engineers to deploy our products into the cloud and drive the implementation, development, and documentation of such products
- Contribute to scaling our test, build, and deployment pipelines
- Develop software to automate routine tasks, infrastructure management, and validate changes
- Assist with finding deficiencies in our current applications and infrastructure, and help correct them
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- Learning how to write code not only for applications but for the infrastructure they run on
- How to automatically get your code from local to production
- How to automatically test your code prior to it going live in production
- AWS Certified by completion of internship (Cloud Practitioner)
- Ability to add to your resume that you’ve worked in a modern agile Software Development team that ships code constantly
- Build your skillset to include AWS knowledge and how to run production apps with Docker, Terraform, and relevant programming languages
- Training on Amazon Web Services, Docker, Terraform, Python, Golang, GitLab, Networking
- An eagerness to work with the latest technologies and expand your skill set
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Programming skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior at a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming or related field, i.e. Computer Science or Information Science
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Meet Some of KnowBe4's Employees
GenellsCustomer Success Manager
Genells works with KnowBe4 customers on a daily basis, helping them understand their console and implement their security awareness training program.
Back to top