Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Clearwater, FL
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Senior Software QA Engineer will work closely with the QA Manager to define strategy and implement processes with existing functional aspects of the test effort. This person will create, execute, and maintain test cases. In addition, this person will be charged with the creation of reporting metrics associated with QA testing efforts
- Provide testing expertise to the Quality Assurance (QA) team to ensure the rapid development of product features and enhancements
- Work with the team to ensure adequate test coverage for all releases
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases with a minimum of 90% accuracy for consumption by third party SDETs
- Participate in design and requirement reviews
- Troubleshoot and triage issues/bugs with multiple teams during the testing process to drive towards root cause identification and resolution; document and follow up on all encountered bugs/issues
- Analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and interact with the team for resolution of defects
- Track all testing efforts
- Contribute to the usability of product through requirements ambiguity reviews
- Contribute to the Jira estimation process for QA efforts
- Develop test plans including recommended test approach, test environment requirements, and data strategies
- Recommend continuous process improvement ideas, provide regular status updates to QA team regarding progress
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years with demonstrated work experience in software quality assurance
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in software development or product development environment with a successful testing and/or analysis track record
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies
- Excellent communication management, organizational skills, flexibility, and the proven ability to build high-quality products
- Strong Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Ability to write and modify test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Strong teamwork skills, be able to work quickly and independently, juggle many concurrent tasks and have an exemplary work ethic
- Contribute to monthly team test case audits
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Back to top