Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails (Position located in Brazil)
- São Paulo, Brazil
Please submit resume in English.
***This position can be fully remote***
El Pescador is an independent subsidiary of KnowBe4, Inc., the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. El Pescador will be the first company in Brazil to introduce simulated phishing as a way to help manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Its primary focus will be research and expansion into the Brazilian market. Our office in São Paulo is expected to double in size in 2020, which provides employees with much room for growth and promotions. The atmosphere has a start-up feel but with the power and backing of a multinational company.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing new and exciting products for KnowBe4’s customers. Working alongside other engineers in a fast-paced, agile development environment, he or she will develop, document, and test software to ensure that the software meets the needs of end-users and achieves high-level business goals. In addition, this position will provide technical guidance to research & development teams and oversee the technical aspects of all projects
- Design and develop applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop back or front-end end solutions and APIs
- Develop, document, and test software to ensure that the software meets the needs of end-users and achieves high-level business goals
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine technical requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain quality standards for developing products
- Contribute inventions, new designs and techniques regarded as exceptional advances in the internal community
- Apply advanced principles, theories and concepts to a wide variety of technical issues and projects.
- Act as an advisor to management and/or customers on advanced technical, research and/or development programs
- Assume the role of Architect for the projects assigned
- Frequently collaborate with senior management and/or major customers
- BS or equivalent plus 8+ years’ experience.
- MS or equivalent plus 3+ years’ experience.
- Ph.D. or equivalent plus 2+years’ experience.
- Architectural-level understanding of Ruby on Rails framework (RoR)
- Strong experience building commercial applications using RoR
- Able to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML and related technologies to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with common SQL data layers such as MySQL
- Built applications with current and forward-facing web standards like CSS3 and HTML5
- Use automated unit testing tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top