Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Clearwater, FL
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help with building more reliable, secure, and efficient systems. In addition, he or she will assist with designing, writing, and delivering software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of KnowBe4's services.
Our team prides itself on managing our infrastructure with code, never repeating ourselves, and automating everything! We need a developer with a strong understanding of the full stack and a passion for solving both application and infrastructure problems. At heart, all SRE team members are builders - we get excited when AWS releases a new feature and immediately begin “head planning” how we could use it to improve our applications
- Architect and design globally distributed systems and processes for the organization
- Work with the Principal Site Reliability Engineer to collaborate on solutions that meet the needs of the business and to define the SRE’s team long term and short term priorities
- Learn, maintain, and improve our existing deployment, monitoring, and alerting systems
- Assist with finding deficiencies in our current applications and infrastructure and correcting them
- Work with a team of other engineers to build highly scalable and resilient applications and infrastructure
- Build extensible and repeatable infrastructure-as-code using modern tools and markup
- Identify new technologies, tools, and processes.
- Build and maintain various applications and middlewares, and work to improve their performance
- Participate in a low-volume on-call rotation to support our production services
- Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
- A minimum of 3years of proven experience working with complex systems in AWS
- A minimum of 3 years experience in software development
- A minimum of 2 years experience with Docker and container orchestration
- A minimum of 5years experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or an equivalent
- Experience deploying and managing serverless architecture with AWS Lambda
- Experience with security and compliance standards and frameworks (FedRAMP, SOC2, PCI, NIST, ISO)
- Managed production infrastructure in ECS or Kubernetes
- Excellent understanding of modern web application architecture, such as load balancing, front-end vs back-end networking
- Experience coding AWS Infrastructure with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Excellent command of at least one programming language
- Ability to quickly grasp new languages (such as Go, Python, and Ruby) and technologies
- An eagerness to work with the latest technologies and expand your skill set
- Able to ship code quickly and efficiently with zero downtime
- Great communicator and team player
- AWS Certification(s) - Professional Level
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top