Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Clearwater, FL
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing new and exciting products for KnowBe4’s customers, alongside other engineers in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Design and develop applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop back or front-end end solutions and APIs
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements
- 2-5 years of experience being a professional software engineer in the specific domain.Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure
- Strong understanding of Ruby and Rails.
- Experience with modern SPA frameworks (VueJS, React, Angular)
- Able to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML and related technologies to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with common SQL databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus.
- Built applications with current and forward-facing web standards like CSS3 and HTML5
- Used automated unit testing tools such as RSpec and Jest
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Back to top