KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to private parties at theme parks, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
This position is fully remote, meaning you will not be required to work in our Clearwater, FL office. However, you will have the option to work in-office or hybrid, if you are located in the greater Tampa Bay area and would like to do so.
This position is open within approved states in the U.S. Not all 50 states are approved.
Dates of Program: May 22 - August 11, 2023 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note that in the case we offer an in-office or hybrid internship option, the intern would be responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship. The intern will not be required to intern in-office or hybrid, as the remote option will always be available.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding, and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team-building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns. Because we offer both hybrid and remote internships, we will offer a variety of virtual activities, in addition to in-person activities for those interns located in the Tampa Bay area. For more information on the internship program, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/internships.
As a Sales Intern (SMB) at KnowBe4, you’ll see business through the lens of the provider of the world's largest integrated new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing platform as you grow your knowledge of KnowBe4’s products, systems, business operations, and sales strategies. The sales internship program will give aspiring sales professionals exposure to real strategies and techniques applied in a working sales organization. The individual selected will be exposed to real sales cycles, sit in on a sales manager meeting, and get hands-on experience effectively prospecting.
- Learn about the sales team day to day activities and perform administrative tasks that will free up time for our sales team and allow them to remain focused on their customers and maximize their effective selling time. This will include calling prospects to increase interest in seeing a full product demo with the sales team
- Perform outreach via cold calling and email marketing to 30-50+ prospective customers daily
- Complete training on prospecting and successfully convert prospects to interest and handoff to sales team
- Observe at least 3 demos of sales calls with prospective customers
- Shadow KnowBe4 sellers from varying levels of tenure
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand the KnowBe4 business model better
- Work collaboratively with SMB sales leadership and team of sales representatives to observe a deal through the entire sales cycle
- Learn sales cycle and how to forecast a sale
- Get a full understanding of the SMB Roadmap to Success
- Complete a successful sales handoff from prospecting efforts
- Apply negotiating skills effectively
- Translate classroom experience into practical application during the internship
- Attend all scheduled professional development events for the intern program
- On the job training to learn the best business practices related to prospecting and sales
- Time with inspiring sales leaders who are committed to providing on-going training & mentoring
- Sales training at the beginning of the internship
- Series of seminars covering prospecting, negotiations, running a sales cycle, overcoming objections and being successful in a tech organization
- Good verbal communication
- Driven and results oriented
- Must be a Junior or Senior candidate
- Major in Marketing, Communications, or Business Management/Administration
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, an employee stock purchase program, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.