Public Relations Intern
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world's largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4's platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #3 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Best Workplaces Survey for the last three years. We also just had our 22nd record-setting quarter in a row!
KnowBe4's Summer 2019 Interns participate in company-wide activities and events such as Yoga Wednesdays, a Family Mingle and End-of-the-Month Lunches. Interns also participate in Ask Me Anything sessions with senior executives and the CEO of the organization. Interns receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns also engage in team building activities and intern socials and participate in other fun opportunities and experiences.
The Public Relations Intern will assist the KnowBe4 public relations team with various duties and responsibilities related to the public image of the organization. The intern should expect to learn a great deal about what it's like to work in the public relations field.
The PR must be able to write and have high communication skills and can use this time to learn how to effectively communicate the right message to the right audience, a critical skill in PR.
- Put together a calendar of events (speaking engagements, press releases, etc.)
- Draft white paper outlines
- Draft press releases
- Draft media pitches
- Evaluate press coverage
- Conduct media spokesperson training session
- Learn the fundamentals of a good white paper
- Learn the key elements of a press release
- Learn how to conduct a media training session
- Learn how to evaluate press coverage
- Learn how to craft and run a PR campaign, start to finish
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Good computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Majoring in Communications, PR, Marketing, English or related
- Current junior or senior student studying for a Bachelor's degree
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top