Legal Internship for Stetson University College of Law
- Clearwater, FL
****This internship will be fully remote due to current COVID restrictions.*****
Dates of Program: May 25 - August 13, 2021 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Eligibility: This internship is only offered to current Stetson University College of Law students, as part of our partnership with Stetson University College of Law.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns.
As our Summer Associate, you will work with the KnowBe4 Legal department on a wide variety of issues in the cybersecurity industry including: commercial law, intellectual property, data privacy, licensing, public relations, regulatory and compliance matters, and corporate governance & policies. In addition, you will be tasked with assisting and supporting the Legal department with drafting, analyzing, reviewing, and issuing contractual documents; and archiving contractual documents.
- Assist with reviewing, drafting and revising a wide variety of contractual documents, including non-disclosure agreements, customer agreements, professional services agreements and distributor agreements.
- Assist with reviewing, drafting and revising supplier agreements, including those related to operations, marketing, production, IT, human resources, etc.
- Assist with any intellectual property, trademark or copyrights issues as needed
- Shadow attorneys in negotiating contracts and counseling business clients.
- Assist with various corporate matters, including global subsidiary management, corporate governance matters and SEC filings.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes. Assist with due diligence efforts for M&A and other strategic transactions.
- Provide support in compliance and legal risk management, including researching statutes, laws, and other legal matters applicable to the organization's activities.
- Support Contracts Manager in verifying entity names and addresses for contract documents and updating all records accordingly.
- Assist Contracts Manager with the tracking and Legal department coordination with all contractual documents including but not limited to RFPs, non-disclosure agreements, customer and supplier agreements, professional services agreements and distributor agreements
- Scan fully executed contract documents into the organization's electronic archive site
- Research new technology and legal industry techniques to make Legal department systems and documents more efficient
- Research cybersecurity and data privacy laws
- Complete projects related to cybersecurity and data privacy as assigned
- Improve ability to perform thorough and competent legal research
- Learn how to draft and negotiate commercial contracts efficiently and effectively.
- Improve ability to be flexible in one's personal attributes
- Learn what different types of in-house lawyers do at a cybersecurity organization and get their perspectives on their job.
- Make decisions in unfamiliar areas under conditions of complexity and time pressure.
- Summer Associate will have a formal mentor and may participate in organized activities, leadership training and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities.
- Transactional experience a plus.
- Research experience using Westlaw or PLI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential with the ability to positively interact with persons at all levels of our organization.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of legal research software platforms.
- Talent for multi-tasking, being results oriented and organizationally proficient.
- Team oriented and willing to help others to achieve success.
- Ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to think and act independently.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with external partners and coworkers.
- Self-reliant with the ability to innovate and introduce change showing sound judgment and pragmatism.
- Must be enrolled as a 2L or 3L student in an ABA law school with excellent academic credentials
- Preferred top 25% of class in law school
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program
- Juris Doctor
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top