International Accountant(Position located in Utrecht, Netherlands)
Please submit resume in English.
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #1 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last four years. We also just had our 27th record-setting quarter in a row!
The International Accountant will be responsible for full coordination, accounting and review of financial information reconciliations for KnowBe4’s international subsidiaries. This will include:
- coordinating with the local finance contacts in each country for information gathering and processing
- taking ownership of the Trial Balance, P&L account and the Balance Sheets of the assigned subsidiaries
- converting local statutory accounts to US GAAP based upon the established policies, procedures and historical accounting treatment
- ensure accurate recording of subsidiary accounting in local GAAP books and in accordance with US GAAP and other established accounting policies and procedures, including revenue recognition differences and capitalization treatment
- developing a “migration project plan” to absorb each entity into the shared services centre (SSC) environment. The International Accountant will work closely with the Controller, the external accounting providers, and the US corporate accounting teams as we execute our strategy to migrate the bookkeeping function from such external providers to in-house. This would require tasks such as data migration, testing, chart of accounts mapping and other relevant tasks prior to go-live into NetSuite.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for the allocated subsidiaries
- Ensure the entry of all monthly financial statement account balances is timely and accurate
- Prepare journal entries to accurately reflect US GAAP adjustments for foreign subsidiary reporting
- Perform trend analysis, research and correct account discrepancies
- Perform accounting treatment for complex areas such as stock options, capitalization etc. according to accounting policies and in consultation with the corporate accounting team in the US
- Support the Treasurer and the Controller in the funding process for assigned subsidiaries
- Take ownership of the subsidiaries in NetSuite, our in-house accounting ERP system
- Collaborate with external payroll providers to ensure accurate headcount costs are accounted for in NetSuite
- Collaborate with local sales tax advisors and ensure that sales tax returns are accurate and are filed on time
- Collaborate with external auditors and corporate tax advisors as needed
- Ensure all deadlines whether internal (month-end) or external (such as tax filings, etc.) are met for their assigned subsidiaries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- A minimum of 4 years of proven work experience for international accounting
- A minimum of 1-2 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Understanding of GAAP accounting and ability to properly account for transactions under GAAP
- Understanding of statutory versus US GAAP is a plus
- Experience with Gmail and Google Docs
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Local language skills reflecting the markets we operate in will be highly beneficial (like Dutch, Portuguese, German etc.)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once - manage month end alongside running with the transition and data migration projects for their subsidiaries.
- CPA, ACCA or equivalent preferred
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
"KnowBe4's data protection practices for EEA applicants is covered by the Applicant Data Protection Notice which is found at https://knowbe4.com/privacy-policy. By submitting your personal information, you agree to KnowBe4's data handling practices and confirm that you have reviewed the Applicant Data Protection Notice."
Back to top