Internal SRE Intern
- Clearwater, FL
Dates of Program: May 25 - August 13, 2021 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns.
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Internal Site Reliability Engineer Intern at KnowBe4 will be working under senior team members to learn and experience daily tasks and responsibilities of an internal-facing SRE role.
- Participate in architecture discussion/planning
- Practice brainstorming for solutions for internal issues
- Understand and learn security practices/standards to harden internal systems
- Pair-program infrastructure code with senior team members
- Learn and experience SDLC for internal-facing applications
- Familiarize and work in major cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Learn and understand the methodologies in cloud based SaaS design
- Analyze and understand cloud platform logs and performance standards
- Develop the troubleshooting skills to resolve cloud platform and SaaS issues at a corporate level
- Learn to research and apply defined best practices for cloud platforms
- Ability to build skill set in modern cloud architecture, learning best practice and hands-on practice with current programming languages
- Learn the standards of IT programming project work, including task tracking and resource assignment
- Add to your resume that you’ve worked in an modern and agile internal cloud platform team using modern methodologies and SaaS systems
- Knowledge of core AWS services such as EC2, S3, and RDS
- Basic understanding of networking (routing, protocols, etc...)
- Pro-efficiency in scripting languages
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to identify issues and conduct proper escalations
- Adaptiveness to work with bleeding-edge technology in a fast-paced hyper growth environment
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior at a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security or Management Information Systems Major
- At least 3.0 GPA
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top