Clearwater positions open to candidates located in greater Tampa Bay area.
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for managing and mentoring a team of Employee Relations Specialists. This position is charged with overseeing the handling of all HR issues, investigations, staff concerns, safety cases, and other employee relations matters for KnowBe4. The ideal candidate is responsible for the implementation and administration of the Company’s employee relations policies, programs and procedures, and will provide guidance to managers on policy adherence, regulations and our internal corrective action process. In addition, this role will handle auditing and adherence with all state and federal employment regulations to mitigate risk associated with employee matters.
- Hire, promote, discipline, and fire subordinate employees, or the employee’s suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, promoting, disciplining, and firing subordinate employees is given particular weight
- Provide genuine input as to the hiring, firing, discipline, and promotion of subordinates to which the Company gives significant weight.
- Manage, mentor and coach subordinates in carrying out their responsibilities as it relates to employee relations matters.
- Recognize patterns and anticipate employee-related issues; develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and administration of the Company’s employee relations policies, programs and procedures
- Assist employees and managers with questions regarding company policies and practices.
- Recognize sensitivity, complexity and urgency of employee relations issues and take appropriate action, including providing sound guidance on a resolution and protecting sensitive information to the extent possible.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances.
- Interpret employment related policies to ensure consistent and fair application for improved employee morale.
- Conduct prompt, thorough, neutral, accurate and defensible workplace investigations into allegations of misconduct, including but not limited to: harassment, (including sexual harassment), discrimination, retaliation, insubordination, workplace violence, substance abuse, safety and security violations, and violations of company policy or procedure.
- Document all employee relations matters as appropriate for the situation in accordance with legal compliance and organizational policies and procedures within the HRIS system.
- Provide recommendations on topics of employee related training with managers and supervisors;
- Assist People Operations with hosting manager trainings as needed.
- Analyze employee relations or incident reports to determine potential trends or issues and discuss action plans to prevent continuous or further issues.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on employment laws and appropriately applies information to employee relation matters.
- Creates legally sound solutions to complex cases and maximizes opportunities for success of employees and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or a related field required, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Employee Relations experience required, including conducting investigations from start to finish
- 1+ years of proven work experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with Gmail and Google Docs
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of EEOC, ADA, etc.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and excellent documentation.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.