eLearning Instructional Designer
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world's largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4's platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #3 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Best Workplaces Survey for the last three years. We also just had our 22nd record-setting quarter in a row!
We are looking for an outstanding eLearning Instructional Designer to work on exciting online learning solutions (courses, games, simulators and assessments) for KnowBe4's customers. While you need to understand reasonable software security practices, you do not need to have a background in information security. Just be a creative instructional designer, bring new ideas to the table and ship learning activities to the LMS! You'll work together with other engineers and eLearning developers in a fast paced, agile development environment working with SMEs and the entire team (graphics, Q/A course builders, and leadership) to help build and integrate eLearning assets.
Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release courseware in an environment where innovation is applauded and minimizing distractions from real work is top priority.
- Plan and create initial planning documents for online learning solutions (courses, games, simulators and assessments) to integrate with the Learning Management System (LMS) in an agile development environment
- Implement online andragogy, instructional design, and adult learning principles
- Practice effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with different levels within the organization, to build relationships, to actively listen, and to assist team members and/or subject matter experts (SME) in translating concepts into engaging, effective online courses
- Develop storyboards in a standard format and respond promptly to feedback from Q/A and leadership
- Develop sound knowledge checks for formative assessment as well as strong summative assessments
- Possess effective communication skills: written (including editing and proof-reading), verbal, and presentation (including visuals)
- 5+ years experience with the instruction design best practices (storyboard development for online)
- 5+ years experience with created complex assessment items for formative and summative purposes
- Experience with making engaging and interesting online courseware (preferably in a corporate environment)
- Experience with Web Accessibility Standards
- Understanding of concepts of gamification and how to employ them in online learning
- Experience with learning solutions for iOS, iBooks, Android, and other interactive media/mobile platforms and programming
- Top notch Communication skills, verbal & written
- General understanding of compliance requirements (HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO, NIST, etc)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in learning/online learning
- M.S. or M.A. or M.Ed. in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology (or comparable work experience) required
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top