Director of Technical Accounting
- Clearwater, FL
****This position is located in Clearwater, FL and is only temporarily remote due to current COVID restrictions.*****
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Director of Technical Accounting is a new key role for the accounting and finance team, which will be reporting to the Controller. The ideal candidate will be conducting accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memorandums, partnering with other departments on complex contracts, and providing technical support to members of the Finance and Accounting management team. As the team grows, this position would lead in creating a team of technical accountants to support the organization, as needed.
- Identify and implement process and computational best practices for all core technical areas including, but not limited to, equity, stock based compensation, business combination and purchase accounting, lease accounting, goodwill and intangibles, and income taxes;
- Participate in the financial statement close process by acting as the end reviewer of all technical accounting entries, supporting workpapers, and adhering to established reporting timelines;
- Draft, present, and defend accounting narratives and policy documentation for external/internal auditors;
- Review quarter-end statement of shareholders’ equity, statement of cash flows and the earnings per share calculation;
- Ensure full compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements, including evaluating the impact of recent and proposed pronouncements, standards, auditor’s interpretive guidance, and disclosure requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with legal, FP&A, and other business partners in analyzing complex transactions and determining the appropriate accounting treatment;
- Coordinate with the existing SOX team and resources to maintain and reform our overall controls framework for and of key technical areas;
- Document and maintain accounting policies and technical memos for consistency and compliance with US GAAP;
- Research, evaluate, and document technical accounting implications and financial impact of complex and non-standard transactions;
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, disclosures, and statement of cash flows;
- Prepare and/or review technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and support the review process with finance management and external auditors, as needed;
- Work alongside the Corporate Controller on ad-hoc projects requiring specialized accounting or highly judgmental estimates;
- Assist in system implementation projects to ensure proper application of accounting policies
- BA in Accounting / Masters degree in Accounting preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience (Big 4 Preferred)
- Experience preparing technical accounting memos and working with auditors to agree on accounting treatment
- SEC reporting experience a plus
- Familiarity with applications such as Floqast, Blackline, W-Desk, and Office products
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 606, 718, 326, 740, 350, and other SEC/GAAP standards
- Certified Public Accountant
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top