Director of Stock Compensation
- Clearwater, FL
****This position is located in Clearwater, FL and is only temporarily remote due to current COVID restrictions.*****
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Director of Stock Compensation will play an integral part in delivering stock-based compensation to KnowBe4’s employees. In this role, you will help to deliver a best in class stock program to employees, help employees understand the value of their awards, and provide direct support to, and partner with, key stakeholders in Finance, Legal, and HR teams.
- Manage the ongoing stock administration processes including, but not limited to, new grants, option exercises, vesting, and terminations and forfeitures.
- Manage all regular and ad-hoc stock reporting including the company’s cap table. Prepare presentations and materials regarding equity grants as needed.
- Collaborate and closely partner with key cross-functional stakeholders in HR, Legal, Accounting, and Tax to ensure accurate and timely equity program management, administration, and reporting.
- Deep understanding of equity plans & its components, manage calculation, tracking, and processing of equity incentive grants, amounts, and payouts, administer accruals/payments, drive end to end process and communication.
- Develop best practice policies and procedures, documentation/records of equity payouts in compliance with defined legal and organizational requirements.
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and periodic equity & financial reconciliation process and ensure timely reporting.
- Enhance the equity compensation administration function, including improvements in processes and optimizing the equity administration system for scalability.
- Manage the relationship with our equity systems vendor and work closely to ensure the system and services provided support the best possible employee and administration experience.
- Improve the employee understanding of equity awards programs and their value through a comprehensive communication and education program partnering with our HR, legal, communications and training teams.
- Support the planning and execution of other potential compensation projects and programs as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field
- 6-10+ years of progressive experience in compensation / equity administration reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and subject matter expertise.
- CEP (Certified Equity Professional) designation preferred or working towards the designation
- Strong working knowledge of equity / stock compensation plans in a multinational private or public company.
- Extensive experience with major equity administration platforms including equity data integrity, integration, and migration.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop strong cross-functional working relationships with groups such as finance, legal, payroll, as well as external partners and leadership team.
- Ability to lead, manage, track and follow-up on stock administration projects and provide strategic, tactical, and technical support to senior leaders and teams.
- High attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills and strong presentation and Excel capabilities (i.e Pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in simple terms to various audiences.
- Manage highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity, plus excellent business judgement concerning confidential matters.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and ability to effect change and continuous improvement through process, technology optimization and automation.
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top