Cyber Security Intern
- Clearwater, FL
Dates of Program: May 25 - August 13, 2021 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note the intern is responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns will be able to participate in company-wide activities and events such as yoga, dance lessons, an employee mingle and end of the month lunches. Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns.
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Cyber Security Intern will be a part of a world class, global information security team and will assist with performing all processes and procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems and applications on premise and in the cloud. In addition, the person in this role will assist with protecting the privacy, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company and customer data.
- Assist with designing, developing, documenting, creating, and analyzing configuration settings, rules, and alerts associated with enterprise risk, security systems, security applications.
- Assist with security, vulnerability and risk reviews of systems, applications, and source code through the use of various automated tools and manual testing procedures.
- Assist with monitoring for, investigating, and responding to incidents.
- Assist with performing root cause analysis on identified vulnerabilities and identified incidents.
- Assist with performing log reviews, monitoring system alerts, and documenting incidents.
- Assist with the creation of and conduct social engineering tests
- Understand log review and analysis process
- Understand risks and associated controls
- Understand open source intelligence gathering and its application to social engineering
- What it takes to run an effective security program
- Be a part of a fast growing, global information security team.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or other AWS basic training
- One on one training with members of the infosec team
- Other applicable training as required.
- Desire to grow in information security, risk management, and data privacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of basic cyber security principles
- Pursuing bachelors or post-secondary education degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, or any other related field
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top