Corporate Counsel (IP and M&A)
- Clearwater, FL
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years. We have also had 27 record-setting quarters in a row.
The Corporate Counsel will work directly with members of the legal department, business leadership, R&D, and marketing globally to develop a good understanding of KnowBe4’s technology and business. This individual will perform a wide variety of hands-on intellectual property work, including competitor analysis, product protection strategy, acquisition of technology rights, review, draft and respond to C&Ds. Corporate Counsel will also be expected to assist with KnowBe4’s global mergers & acquisitions.
Corporate Counsel will be expected to draft, negotiate and review a wide range of contracts. This role will also perform ancillary matters related to commercial contracts, including advising internally on contract interpretation and the legal ramifications of contract terms. Corporate Counsel will also assist with various legal tasks and projects, which will include international matters.
- Advise on a wide range of complex IP related matters.
- Assist with IP strategy in order to minimize challenges.
- Assist with KnowBe4’s global intellectual property portfolio (including patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets)
- Negotiate, draft and review agreements such as licenses, research agreements, collaboration agreements, confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Conduct, advise, and manage activities related to third party IP, including IP litigation, as applicable.
- Create efficiencies to reduce outside IP expenses.
- Provide legal advice to and work with marketing teams for review of promotional content.
- Assist with M&A activities on a global scale as needed (i.e. due diligence, LOIs, purchase agreements, etc.)
- Work closely with General Counsel and Corporate Development on M&As.
- Provide intellectual property training for the applicable employees (i.e. development, marketing, courseware, etc.)
- Provide legal advice and counsel to R&D and business personnel on a variety of IP related matters.
- Negotiate, draft and review agreements on behalf of the company (i.e. master services agreements, statements of work, purchase orders, license agreements, reseller agreements, NDAs, data processing agreements, RFPs, etc.)
- Advise on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Assist with review and maintenance of current legal templates.
- Research and help to develop strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
- Assist and provide counsel to international affiliates.
- 2-5 years of attorney experience
- Internship experience required for new attorneys
- Experience with IPRs and M&A
- Must have a law degree from an ABA accredited school
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- Licensed Attorney in good standing
- Ability to handle high volumes of work at a fast pace
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Experience working in-house
- Knowledgeable in industries of technology/cybersecurity
- Experience with compliance and data privacy
- Experience with international negotiations
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top