Corporate Accounting Intern
- Clearwater, FL
This internship will be fully remote, and might offer the option to work in-office or hybrid, depending on the state of COVID restrictions in Summer 2022. The intern will not be required to work in-office or hybrid, as the remote option will always be available.
Dates of Program: May 23 - August 12, 2022 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note that in the case we offer an in-office or hybrid internship option, the intern would be responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the internship. The intern will not be required to intern in-office or hybrid, as the remote option will always be available.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns. For more information on the internship program, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/internships.
The Corporate Accounting Intern is responsible for assisting in entering daily journal entries and the production of financial statement’s supporting reconciliations. The Corporate Accounting Intern works with the accounting team to complete any audit items/schedules to meet tight deadlines.
- Drive process improvement and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design, and core accounting framework and management reporting
- Assist in creating insightful close packages that summarize key business and accounting updates
- Assist in the performance of monthly/quarterly/yearly relevant GAAP analysis to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Assist with monthly close review and analysis related to complex GAAP accounting guidance
- Assist in creating and documenting workpapers for close and support for internal and external auditors
- Ensure journal entries are correctly calculated and posted
- Perform account reconciliations, streamlining accounting processes for accuracy and efficiency wherever possible
- Direct initiatives for automation of financial reporting
- Ensure accurate consolidation and consistency by coordinating with the international team
- Learn how to create and post Journal Entries
- Learn how to reconcile a Balance Sheet account and understanding the importance of doing so
- Learn about at least 1 recent GAAP accounting pronouncement and how its applied at KB4 (Revenue Recognition, Leases, Credit loss estimation)
- Learn how to evidence proper documentation to support our SOX controls
- Intern will create and post Journal Entries and how those Journal Entries flow up into consolidation.
- Intern experience at least one quarterly filing with the SEC.
- Intern will have numerous persons in Corporate Accounting train them up in the particular area they are working in.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Use of Lucid charts is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or less than 1 year left until graduating. Entry into masters of accounting program a plus.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top