Content Development Director
KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world's largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4's platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #3 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Best Workplaces Survey for the last three years. We also just had our 22nd record-setting quarter in a row!
The Content Development Director manages the planning, process, and storyboard/script creation of learning activities to create new and cutting edge eLearning products that wow KnowBe4's customers. Has more of an understanding of reasonable software security practices, does not need to be an expert, but can work with and find Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to assist with creation and validation of work. Must have skills in organizing and working with departments within courseware and beyond to make sure that we provide top-quality eLearning products and courseware! You'll work together with other managers and eLearning developers in a fast-paced environment using product/project management tools and developing standards for partners.
- Manage and provide visionary leadership over the production schedule, project coordination for creation of KnowBe4 branded courseware, and communication of timelines within courseware
- Work with Q/A to establish standards and processes for standards with an eye toward continual improvement
- Recruit and maintain a network of SMEs, writers, and customers that can be utilized to refine, review, and provide content for our courses
- Ensure that our content is accurate and up-to-date with the latest standards and best practices
- Have long-term strategic insight into the distribution of learning activities, localization, and themes that can be built upon to create a consistent user experience
- Provide leadership and feedback to team on creating storyboard, project plans, production plans and other planning materials so that they can be easily acted upon with prompt action in order to reduce administrative time
- Oversees generation of a large volume of quality content with continuous refinement for efficiency
- Research best practices in eLearning planning and concepts and incorporate them into our courseware planning documents
- Suggest new technologies to automate production and/or improve the learner/user experience
- Manage localization process and oversee the vendor management and strategic planning for courses to be localized
- Consider web accessibility in the development of planning materials and content to be included so that all users can access our content
- M.S. or M.A. or M.Ed. in Instructional Technology (or comparable work
- 10+ years of relevant experience planning for eLearning products (or similar products in marketing or other relevant fields)
- Experience with content creation and planning for the web, iOS, iBooks, Android, and other interactive media/mobile platforms
- 5+ years experience with the outside vendor management
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including proper use of grammar and spelling
- Experience preparing usage reports and analyzing feedback from various sources
- Experience presenting and preparing presentations
- Experience with working with SMEs
- Experience with localization processes and strategic planning
- Experience with web accessibility standards
No recruitment agencies, please.
Back to top