At Knot Standard, we build confidence, helping men look and feel anything but standard. We are committed to creating relationships, crafting high-quality products, and providing a luxury experience for each client.
Each of our Style Advisors are full-time, professional sales agents that take their customers, our brand, and their craft very seriously. If you are experienced at selling to discerning customers, are disciplined in your outreach and communication with clients, and are used to selling luxury products in either top-tier retail or one-on-one environments, Knot Standard is the ultimate company for you to work for.
Our top Stylists have a strong affinity to luxury retail product, love working with people, and want to be part of a fast growing Company. A common thread that lead most of our stylists to KS is a love for daily interaction with customers and luxury product. Its an absolute hard work / high reward balance, with industry leading compensation and benefits, including twice annual Sales reward trips for high performance. Based on experience, we have four tiers of Style Advisors; Junior Style Advisor, Style Advisor, Senior Style Advisor, and Executive Style Advisor.
WHO WE ARE
Knot Standard is a custom menswear company headquartered in New York City. Since 2010, our company has continued to expand to new markets, but our mission remains the same; to consistently offer premium service, selection combined with tradition and classic tailoring, for our client and his personal stylist to create the lifestyle our customer desires.
We have seven appointment-only showrooms located in New York, Chicago, D.C., Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Francisco, in addition to our Online Studio at KnotStandard.com, and a store-in-store concept at Bloomingdale's on 59th St.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Becoming a menswear specialist based on our training & development of client measurements, fabric knowledge, customizations, alterations, and sales psychology (to name a few)
- Building a book of business, which involves directing and maintaining personal relationships with our most exclusive clients, from their first interaction with Knot Standard through purchase, delivery and ongoing orders
- Obtaining new clients through different prospecting efforts & building upon reocurring client relationships
- Working with production team to perpetually improve customer service, order delivery, and new product releases
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Direct sales experience; All employees are passionate about what they do, and what we do as a company, ultimately spreading the word and helping us grow as a business
- Excellent client relationship skills; from point of contact to point of purchase to production
- Prior affiliation with successful customer-facing businesses, preferably in the retail or luxury industries
- Knowledge and/or passion for the menswear industry and an understanding of the competitive market
- Technical skills with CRM and reporting systems
WHO YOU ARE
- Enjoyable, personable, fun to be around; As a company that is constantly expanding, Knot Standard attracts top performers from a variety of global industries; sales, fashion, technology, finance, and fitness to name a few, all striving to build upon our pool of shared knowledge
- We encourage employees to be comfortable with being uncomfortable; in a high growth company, this is the only way we can learn from each other and improve.
- Continually curious; with over 8,000 fabric swatches on file, and endless customization combinations, you'll always be challenged
- Independent decision maker with the ability to self-manage; whether it be your book of business, or employee growth and development, we are each others best resources and there are endless opportunitites to grow and develop.
- Strong eye for detail & organizational skills; as a custom menswear company with customizations, measurements, and custom client experiences - it's all in the details.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; written and verbal, internally to fellow employees, and externally to clients.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
- Compensation will be a mix of base salary, commission, and bonus, depending on experience
- We professionally and personally invest in our employees
- Comprehensive benefits package, including employee discount
- Industry related training and development
Meet Some of Knot Standard's Employees
John ensures that all Knot Standard operational procedures are done in the best interest of its customers. He runs the overarching business strategy and development initiatives for its global and NYC markets.
Back to top