NYC Sales Market Manager
NYC SALES MARKET MANAGER
We are seeking a dynamic, professional Sales Manager to join Knot Standard and spearhead our fast, reliable growth in the New York City Market.
Working alongside the Senior Director of Sales, the New York City Sales Manager is a full time Management position responsible for creating the next chapter of growth for the Knot Standard brand in New York City. The position will oversee the daily operations of our sales team, focusing on delivering the quarterly sales targets by leading a team of exciting Style Advisors.
The ideal candidate will be able to work at rapid pace and quickly adapt to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Create an best in class custom menswear experience for our clients, exercising extreme ownership to ensure the standard is established and upheld within your market.
- Coach, mentor and grow the existing team of Style Advisors - owning monthly planning sessions, quarterly Goal setting, and annual performance reviews. Your focus as a manager will be to create opportunities for your team to utilize their strengths, and catch any potential issues to correct in real time.
- Work closely with the New York City Showroom Operation Manager to establish and enforce a standard within the showroom space, empowering your Operations Counterpart to create an environment that supports the selling of high end luxury fabrics.
- Create, manage and drive a dynamic events calendar for your team. Both in the showroom space and outside its 4 walls, you will curate, attend and create events that elevate the Knot Standard brand and drive exposure for you team within New York.
- Develop detailed knowledge base on all mills, customization, and product, and keep up to date on new products and technologies.
- Mediate, address and resolve any escalated customer issues regarding product or service, empowering your team to employ solution thinking to ensure every customer experience is first class.
- Manage showroom maintenance & accessory inventory and ensure each location within your market is clean, organized, and a safe work environment for your entire team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4 - 5 years Sales experience (retail sales experience is a plus, but not a necessity)
- 2 - 4 years Management experience (retail management experience is a plus, but not a necessity)
- Operational strengths in influence, communication and people management.
- Someone with vision, drive and ambition. A successful candidate will drive execution, planning and growth within New York City as an owner.
- Prior affiliation with successful customer-facing businesses, preferably in the retail or luxury industries
- Knowledge and/or passion for the menswear industry and an understanding of the competitive market is preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Knot Standard is a luxury custom menswear company with one goal; to consistently offer premium service, selection combined with tradition and classic tailoring, for our client and his personal stylist to create the lifestyle he desires. To date, we operate seven appointment-only showrooms in New York, Chicago, D.C., Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Francisco, in addition to our e-commerce based business.
WHO YOU ARE
- A leader - obsessed with the growth of your team. You must be enjoyable, personable, fun to be around and able to laugh at yourself.
- A decision maker - able to make rapid independent decisions that provide direction for your business unit, laddering ito the larger strategic aims of the business.
- Organized, energetic, patient and detail focussed. Prioritisation is a must for this role.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills - written and verbal
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations against hitting sales targets.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
- Base Salary commensurate with experience and talent
- Market-Leading Commission Package
- Strong performance-based compensation
- We professionally and personally invest in our employees
- Comprehensive benefits package
- The best men’s or women’s wardrobe you could imagine
- Industry related training and development
Meet Some of Knot Standard's Employees
John ensures that all Knot Standard operational procedures are done in the best interest of its customers. He runs the overarching business strategy and development initiatives for its global and NYC markets.
Back to top